Administrative Assistant, Consultation Department
Sipekne’katik First Nation
Location: Hammonds Plains, NS
Closing date: June 30, 2019
Sipekne’katik First Nation is inviting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant for the Consultation Department.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Consultation and Consultation Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Consultation team. This position requires teamwork and a high degree of initiative and attention to detail with excellent communication skills.
• Provides confidential administrative support to the consultation team;
• Acts as a point of contact receiving incoming calls and emails from clients and distributing to other members of the Team for action;
• Manages inquiries, appointments, and correspondence from within the consultation department, from other Band Council departments, as well as external stakeholders;
• Responds to inquiries of internal and external contacts professionally and courteously, ensuring a high level of confidentiality;
• Maintain office supplies by checking inventory;
• Distributes incoming mail and other material and coordinates the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations;
• Compile data, statistics and other information;
• Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars and conferences;
• Establishes and maintains consistent administrative procedures in terms of filing system records management and correspondence;
• Performs general office duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and mail;
• Co-ordinate digitization of files through DocuShare;
• Maintain and implement confidentiality;
• Follow and respect the Human Resource and Financial Policies of Sipekne’katik; and
• Other administrative duties as required.
• Grade 12 and a certificate in administrative training from a recognized educational institution, plus one year of related experience;
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Proficient in the use of computer software (e.g. Windows, MS Outlook, SAP, MS Office Suite) or ability to learn new software.
• Proficient typing skills.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to complete repetitive tasks.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Prior administrative experience required.
• Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing tasks in a timely manner.
• Preference will be given to applicants from a Mi’kmaq First Nations Community.
• A criminal records check is required. Having a criminal record is not a determinate factor.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, criminal records check, vulnerable sector check and three work references to:
Human Resource Manager
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
DEADLINE: June 30, 2019
Sipekne’katik reserves the right to refuse any and all applications for employment. The Band will not assume any expenses related to this or any job application process, included and not limited to travel, relocation, and application development. Only those screened in for an interview will be contacted.