Consultation Manager (1 year contract)
Sipekne’katik First Nation
Location: Hammonds Plains, NS
Extended Closing date: July 24, 2019
Sipekne’katik First Nation is inviting applications for the position of Consultation Manager for the Consultation Department.
Under the Director of Consultation, the Consultation Manager will provide supervision to the Consultation team. The Consultation Manager will lead the team to implement the strategic goals and vision of the Consultation Committee as approved by Chief and Council. This is a permanent, full-time position.
• Receive and review requests for consultation and assign files to appropriate staff;
• Enforce the consultation fee schedule;
• Provide full supervision and management of the Consultation team including:
o Participating in the recruitment and orientation of new team members;
o Completing annual performance evaluations for all team members;
o Providing regular professional direction and clinical supervision to staff.
• Ensure staff compliance to their delegated responsibilities and department outcomes in accordance with appropriate policies and protocol, including:
o Ensuring external and internal policies are followed;
o Ensuring cultural & strength based approaches are implemented in an appropriate manner within the team;
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate consultation events, meetings, workshops for and relating to consultation;
• Prepare and coordinate submissions, correspondence, reports, records, memos, presentations, work plans for various consultation files;
• Prepare funding proposals and grant applications as necessary;
• Ability to complete funding activity and final reports;
• Ability to create, maintain, and utilize project-based budgets;
• Participate in meetings, internally and externally, as required;
• Open to continuous learning and professional development;
• Maintain and implement confidentiality;
• Follow and respect the Human Resource and Financial Policies of Sipekne’katik;
• Liaise with stakeholders as necessary including: community members, partner companies, politicians, government departments, other First Nations, etc.; and,
• Other related duties as approved by Director of Consultation/ Director of Operations.
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration or equivalent experience;
• 1-2 years supervisory experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Excellent relationship management skills;
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills;
• Strong time management and organizational skills;
• Strong ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information;
• Knowledge of Nova Scotia and Federal legislation/regulatory and policy framework relating to Aboriginal peoples and Consultation processes;
• Knowledge of Aboriginal Governance structures and issues;
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, work under pressure with large caseload and tight deadlines;
• Attention to detail;
• Working knowledge of MS Access; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Windows; MS Word; MS Outlook
• Preference will be given to applicants who are familiar with the Mi’kmaq First Nations.
• A criminal records check is required.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, criminal records check and three work references to:
Human Resource Manager
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
DEADLINE: July 24, 2019
Sipekne’katik reserves the right to refuse any and all applications for employment. The Band will not assume any expenses related to this or any job application process, included and not limited to travel, relocation, and application development. Only those screened in for an interview will be contacted.