Finance Officer (maternity leave coverage)
Sipekne’katik First Nation
Extended Closing date: November 4, 2019
Under the direction of the Executive Financial Officer and Director of Finance, the Finance Officer is responsible for assisting with the processing of accounts payable and payroll transactions.
• Assist with processing of accounts payable/payroll transactions.
• Financial analysis.
• Correspond with vendors, other departments and band members.
• Financial reporting for funders.
• Prepare source documents, special projects, audit preparation.
• Filing/records management.
• Notify supervisor of any discrepancies or escalating issues.
• Other related duties as determined by the supervisors.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent.
• Completed or enrolled in Business or Commerce Degree/Diploma will be considered an asset.
• At least one year of related experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications.
• Experience with Accounting Software.
• Knowledge of accounts payable and payroll processes in a business setting is preferred.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Verbal, presentation and writing communication skills.
• Good Time management and organizational skills.
• This position requires strict adherence to privacy and confidentiality.
• This is an entry level position and the successful candidate will receive training related to their duties.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• A criminal records check is required.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, criminal records check and three work references to:
Human Resource Manager
EXTENDED DEADLINE: November 4, 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. The Band will not assume any expenses related to any job application process, included but not limited to travel, relocation, and application development. Only those applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted.