Medical Driver, Community Medical Van (full-time)
Sipekne’katik First Nation
EXTENDED: Deadline May 6, 2019
Under the Direction of the Director of Health, the medical driver will be employed at the Health Centre as a fulltime employee. The driver will be responsible for all medical drives specific to the health center. The driver will be responsible for aiding community members on & off the specialized van, including use of the accessible lift for wheelchair clients and/or clients with mobility issues.
• The driver will sign an Oath of Confidentiality & the Human Resource Policy.
• The driver, in conjunction with the health director, will develop & implement the specific parameters of the medical van program including the eligibility of clients & scheduling.
• The driver will work closely with both receptionists, to book appointments, and will manage the established parameters of the medical van program.
• The driver will provide a safe environment for vulnerable clients through specialized training from the health center staff & in-service learning opportunities.
• The driver will provide yearly proof of CPR/First Aid certification.
• Conduct regular safety maintenance of van.
• Conduct Daily Safety Checks.
• Performs other duties as requested by the supervisor.
• Proof of Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License, drivers abstract & insurance as above.
• CPR/First Aid within 3 months of employment.
• Vulnerable Persons/Police Check clearance.
• Certificates or proof of attendance in Mental Health First Aid/ASSIST an asset.
• Must be responsible and reliable.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, criminal records check, child abuse registry and three work references to:
Human Resource Manager
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
DEADLINE: May 6, 2019
Sipekne’katik reserves the right to refuse any and all applications for employment. The Band will not assume any expenses related to this or any job application process, included and not limited to travel, relocation, and application development.