Janitors, Receptionists & Security
Security (Indian Brook and/or Hammonds Plains):
- Perform foot patrols to monitor inappropriate behaviors and building security protocols.
- Maintain security-related daily logs.
- Address and report behaviours in a non-confrontational manner.
- Other duties as required such as assisting with the cleanliness of work sites.
- Qualifications: reliable transportation for shiftwork, sound judgement and highly trustworthy.
Receptionists (Band Office)
- Answer and redirect phone calls or take written messages.
- Respond to general inquires and provide customer service to walk-ins.
- Other related duties such as photocopying, disinfecting work areas, stuffing envelops, etc.
- Qualifications: excellent communication skills with friendly and positive attitude.
Janitors (Band Office)
- Sweep and mop floors, disinfect bathrooms and empty garbage/recycling cans.
- Report any janitorial-related issues such as health & safety concerns.
- Follow protocols in place for properly disinfecting surfaces and work areas.
- Other related duties, as requested, such as moving boxes or covering phones.
- Qualifications: physically able to perform strenuous work and lift heavy items when required.
Please apply with a resume and a criminal record check as it is required before starting employment. A vulnerable sector check is also required when working around children.
Human Resource Manager
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. The Band will not assume any expenses related to any job application process, included but not limited to travel, relocation, and application development. Please note certain positions come with mandatory employee benefits. Only those applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted.