Request for Construction Services
February 7, 2018
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide construction services under the INAC Immediate Needs program.
These services would include, but are not limited to, installing siding, roofing, windows, doors, front steps, back steps, and gutters for 4 units in the community of Indian Brook, Nova Scotia.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion for each unit
• Enforcing and following applicable labor laws and building codes
• Ensuring a safe work environment including prevention of falls and be able to provide confirmation that they have WHMIS, first aid, and CPR training
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations including use of proper work clothing, steel-toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, harnesses, etc.
• Provide a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Supplying their own equipment, tools, insurance, vehicle and vehicle fuel at their own expense
• Guarantee their work, and their employees work, for 5 Years
• All yard cleanup and removal of any material from the job site (a dumpster will be made available at the Housing Department Complex)
• You are required to use the bid templates provided by the Housing Department
All units must be completed by November 30, 2018
Contact Vernon Maloney at the Sipekne’katik Housing Department (902-236-3025) for additional information. He will provide the individual unit information, specifications, scope of work required, etc to assist in preparation of your submission.
• You will be bidding on each unit individually so please ensure your submission properly reflects your quote for each separate unit/address. A template will be provided to record your bid.
• You will be bidding on each unit individually so please ensure you have contacted Vernon Maloney to discuss the scope of work / size of each unit as the extent of the work required will vary accordingly
• Each project bid will be reviewed and awarded individually. As a result, projects may be awarded to multiple vendors.
• Sipekne’katik will be responsible for purchasing all required materials to be used on each project. Your submission should not include the cost of materials.
• Inspections by a third party NISI inspector are required. A 20% holdback will be enforced on each unit/project until inspections are completed.
• Sipekne’katik will take every opportunity to align itself with contractors that are equally committed to the health and safety of their employees and the work site environment.
• To facilitate the release of funding via completion of projects and inspections no more than three housing renovation projects can be in progress at one time.
• Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
• Work will be scheduled / budgeted to begin April 1, 2018.
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time February 23, 2018. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2016-23
Chief and Council
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS