Request for Proposals 2016-15 Land Surveying / Civil Engineering Services
October 25, 2016
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide surveying and civil engineering services to Sipekne’katik. These services would include, but are not limited to, identifying three suitable locations for new subdivision development, surveying of proposed locations, civil engineering services related to required infrastructure required for new locations, and assistance with proposed road repairs & culverts related to the prevention of flooding.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion
• Enforcing and following applicable codes and environmental laws
• Meeting with Chief and Council, Senior Management, Lands Department, Operations & Maintenance Department and Housing Department during all stages of the process
• Providing Draft and Final Surveying / Civil Engineering Documents / Schematics / Maps / Diagrams
• Providing recommendations for road repairs & culvert placements in identified locations to prevent future flooding and road corrosion/deterioration
• Take into consideration the most cost efficient method to accomplish our goals
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia.
• Provide a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Supplying their own equipment, tools, insurance, vehicle and vehicle fuel at their own expense
• Guarantee their work, and their employees work
Timelines for Submissions
Sealed proposals/quotes will be accepted until 12:00pm (noon) Atlantic Time, November 18, 2016. Quotes must be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP #2016-15
Nathan Sack, Director of Operations
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
Contact Matthew Horton, Executive Financial Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
• Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
The Sipekne’katik Band will not necessarily accept the lowest proposal received reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposal submitted. Sipekne’katik Band members will be given 15% preferential treatment on the price of the bid in the proposal evaluation process. Actual contract pricing will be subject to reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful proponent. Sipekne’katik is not responsible for any and all expenses associated with proposal development.