Request to Provide Driver Education Services
April 5, 2019
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide driver education services at Indian Brook, Nova Scotia, for members of the Sipekne’katik First Nation (SFN). More specifically, the task is to prepare a cohort of 25 individuals who have Learner’s Licenses to become Newly Licensed Driver’s under the Province of Nova Scotia’s graduated licensing program. These services would include, but are not limited to, the following in keeping with Driver Education School Regulations:
- 25 hours of library (classroom) instruction using a syllabus, texts and other materials approved by the Department and with content as set out in Section 8(a) of the Regulations
- Not less than 10 hours of in-vehicle instruction for each student as set out in Section 8(b) of the regulations
- Preparation for the driver’s (road) test that is required pursuant to seeking a Newly Licensed Driver qualification (Class 5N).
- Your bid must include proof of licensing as an approved driver education provider.
- Classroom instruction is to take place at Indian Brook in a location provided by SFN. Meeting room and related supplies (e.g., manuals, refreshments) will be provided by the SFN’s Driver Education and Licensing Project (DELP).
- In-vehicle instruction is to take place at Indian brook and surrounding area, including Truro. The service provider will need to provide own vehicle(s) for this purpose.
- Fees related to licensing and road test will be provided by DELP.
- Please include the estimated time frame for the successful completion of the driver education.
Selection of the successful proposal will be made by April 24, 2019 with work to begin by late April/early May, 2019.
Contact Desirée Grantmyre, Sipekne’katik Employment and Training, for additional information.
- Sipekne’katik will take every opportunity to align itself with contractors that are equally committed to the health and safety of their employees and the work site environment.
- Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
- Sipekne’katik is not responsible for any and all expenses associated with proposal development.
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time, April 23, 2019. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2019-35
Chief and Council
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS