You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide residential housing inspections and a residential needs assessment. These services would include, but are not limited to, identifying health and safety issues, code violations and general repair work for Sipekne’katik’s portfolio of housing units (approximately 370 units). As well as a needs assessment that would include items such as details of each unit (2 bedroom, bungalow, etc), number of people living in each unit, demographics of occupants (age, sex, etc), how many generations living in each unit, which units are over capacity. This information should be presented numerically as well as via charts and graphs. The finished product should include recommendations for repairs and maintenance as well as ways to best address our housing shortage.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion
• Enforcing and following applicable codes and environmental laws
• Meeting with Chief and Council, Senior Management, Lands Department, Operations & Maintenance Department and Housing Department during all stages of the process
• Providing Draft and Final copies of the inspection and needs assessment reports
• Suggesting additional information to compile and analyze for the needs assessment
• Providing recommendations for repairs and maintenance for each housing unit (including pictures of the relevant issue, and highlighting priority items (health and safety) vs those items that are less urgent
• Providing recommendations on how to best address our housing shortage based on needs assessment.
• Take into consideration the most cost efficient method to accomplish our goals
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia.
• Provide a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Supplying their own equipment, tools, insurance, vehicle and vehicle fuel at their own expense
• Guarantee their work, and their employees work
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time February 24, 2017. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2017-04
Director of Operations
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS
Electronic submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
The Sipekne’katik Band will not necessarily accept the lowest proposal received and it reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals submitted. Sipekne’katik Band members will be evaluated based on a 15% price preference. Actual contract pricing will be subject to reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful proponent. It is the proponent’s responsibility to check with the Band if any changes have been made to this RFP.