January 31, 2017
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide surveying and civil engineering services to Sipekne’katik. These services would include, but are not limited to, identifying three suitable locations for new subdivision development, surveying of proposed locations, civil engineering services related to required infrastructure required for new locations, and assistance with proposed road repairs & culverts related to the prevention of flooding.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion
• Enforcing and following applicable codes and environmental laws
• Meeting with Chief and Council, Senior Management, Lands Department, Operations & Maintenance Department and Housing Department during all stages of the process
• Providing Draft and Final Surveying / Civil Engineering Documents / Schematics / Maps / Diagrams
• Providing recommendations for road repairs & culvert placements in identified locations to prevent future flooding and road corrosion/deterioration
• Take into consideration the most cost efficient method to accomplish our goals
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia.
• Provide a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Supplying their own equipment, tools, insurance, vehicle and vehicle fuel at their own expense
• Guarantee their work, and their employees work
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time February 24, 2017. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2017-05
Director of Operations
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS
Electronic submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sipekne’katik Band will not necessarily accept the lowest proposal received and it reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals submitted. Sipekne’katik Band members will be evaluated based on a 15% price preference. Actual contract pricing will be subject to reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful proponent. It is the proponent’s responsibility to check with the Band if any changes have been made to this RFP.