RFP 2017-13 Request for Housing Authority Feasibility Study
May 11, 2017
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide a feasibility study for Sipekne’katik.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion
• Meeting with Chief and Council and Senior Management to clarify our expectations
• Meeting with Chief and Council, Senior Management, Management, Lands Department, Operations & Maintenance Department, Housing Department and Band Members (the community) to seek ideas and input into what structure would be supported
• Providing Draft and Final copies of the feasibility study for review.
• Acquiring an understanding of Sipekne’katik’s current housing structure and the communities housing related strengths, weaknesses and needs
• Researching alternative housing structures being used by other First Nations and assessing/reporting on their strengths and weaknesses
• Identifying additional administrative / governance / capacity / staffing / financial / taxation / legal / reporting / other considerations related to the alternative structures.
• Researching a rental regime or subsidized housing
• Identifying other organizations that could provide support in rolling out a Housing Authority or providing operational/ongoing support to the alternative structure
• Identifying other organizations that Sipekne’katik could partner with in order to implement an alternative housing structure
• Take into consideration social / economic / employment market related issues when considering the feasibility of alternative structures
• Suggesting ideas not identified above that would provide additional benefits in meeting the expectations of this project
Timelines for Submissions
Sealed proposals/quotes will be accepted until 12:00pm (noon) Atlantic Time, June 2, 2017. Quotes must be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP #2017-13
Nathan Sack, Director of Operations
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
Electronic submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Contact Matthew Horton, Executive Financial Officer, to arrange a meeting, if required, to discuss this bid and to clarify our needs. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
The Sipekne’katik Band will not necessarily accept the lowest proposal received and it reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals submitted. Sipekne’katik Band members will be evaluated based on a 15% price preference. Actual contract pricing will be subject to reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful proponent. It is the proponent’s responsibility to check with the Band if any changes have been made to this RFP.