RFP 2017-14 Request for Construction Services
June 1, 2017
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide construction services to build four duplexes in the community of Indian Brook, Nova Scotia.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion for each unit (turn key)
• Enforcing and following applicable labor laws and building codes
• Ensuring a safe work environment including prevention of falls and be able to provide confirmation that they have WHMIS, first aid, and CPR training
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations including use of proper work clothing, steel-toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, harnesses, etc
• Providing a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Supplying their own equipment, tools, insurance, vehicle and vehicle fuel at their own expense
• Guarantee their work, and their employees work, for 7 Years, including arrangement for repairs under warranty
• All yard cleanup and removal of any material from the job site (a dumpster will be made available at the Housing Department Complex)
• Preparation of a timeline and budget for completion of specific/major milestones for the project including but not limited to the following:
♣ Framing, Windows, Roofing and Doors (Weather Tight)
♣ Electrical and Heating
♣ Drywall, Mud and Paint
♣ Finish, trim, cabinets and flooring
♣ *Note that all ground preparation and foundation work will be completed by the Sipekne’katik Housing and O&M Departments and should not be included in your quote*
• Preparation of a materials list for the project
• Ensuring energy efficient options are included whenever possible, including, but not limited to, heating/heat pumps, windows, insulation, etc.
• Heating source will be electric baseboards with heat pumps
• You will be bidding on each unit individually so please ensure your submission properly reflects your quote for each separate unit/address.
• Each project bid will be reviewed and awarded individually. As a result, projects may be awarded to multiple vendors.
• Sipekne’katik will be responsible for purchasing all required materials to be used on each project and as a result your submission should not include the cost of materials. Your submission is required to include a materials list to help facilitate the purchasing of materials and it will be necessary for the successful bidder(s) to stay in constant communication with the Housing Manager to ensure materials flow to the construction site(s) in a timely manner.
• Inspections by a third party NISI inspector are required. A 20% holdback will be enforced on each unit/project until inspections are completed.
• The successful bidder(s) will be responsible for engaging, coordinating and paying all sub-contractors or tradespeople required for the completion of this project (plumbing, electrical, flooring, cabinets, heating, etc). The Band’s “business relationship” will only be with the successful bidder in respect to this project and we will not be responsible for the costs of any labour or tradespeople.
• Sipekne’katik will take every opportunity to align itself with contractors that are equally committed to the health and safety of their employees and the work site environment.
• Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
All four units must be completed by December 31, 2017.
Contact Vernon Maloney at the Sipekne’katik Housing Department (902-236-3025) for additional information. He will provide the blue prints, specifications, scope of work required, etc to assist in the preparation of your submission.
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time June 21, 2017. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2017-14
Director of Operations
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS
Electronic submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sipekne’katik Band will not necessarily accept the lowest proposal received and it reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals submitted. Sipekne’katik Band members will be evaluated based on a 15% price preference. Actual contract pricing will be subject to reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful proponent. It is the proponent’s responsibility to check with the Band if any changes have been made to this RFP.