RFP 2017-18 Request for Heat Pump and Installation
September 21, 2017
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to supply and install heat pumps to 9 housing units in the community of Indian Brook, NS.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion for each unit (turn key)
• Enforcing and following applicable labor laws and building codes
• Ensuring a safe work environment including prevention of falls and be able to provide confirmation that they have WHMIS, first aid, and CPR training
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations including use of proper work clothing, steel-toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, harnesses, etc
• Providing a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Your submission should include:
o The brand, type/model of heat pump for each unit
o Indication of any warranties
o The cost of the heat pump
o The cost of the labour
• You will be bidding on each unit individually so please ensure your submission properly reflects your quote for each separate unit/address.
• Each project bid will be reviewed and awarded individually. As a result, projects may be awarded to multiple vendors.
• The successful bidder(s) will be responsible for engaging, coordinating and paying all sub-contractors or tradespeople required for the completion of this project. The Band’s “business relationship” will only be with the successful bidder in respect to this project and we will not be responsible for the costs of any labour or tradespeople.
• Sipekne’katik will take every opportunity to align itself with contractors that are equally committed to the health and safety of their employees and the work site environment.
• Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
All nine units must be completed by December 15, 2017.
Contact Vernon Maloney at the Sipekne’katik Housing Department (902-236-3025) for additional information. He will coordinate bringing you to each unit, answering any questions you may have, etc to assist in the preparation of your submission.
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time October 13, 2017. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2017-18
Director of Operations
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS
Electronic submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
The Sipekne’katik Band will not necessarily accept the lowest proposal received and it reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals submitted. Sipekne’katik Band members will be evaluated based on a 15% price preference. Actual contract pricing will be subject to reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful proponent. It is the proponent’s responsibility to check with the Band if any changes have been made to this RFP.