Request for Fence
July 24, 2018
You are invited to submit one copy of a quote to provide fence construction services at the Band’s Well site. These services would include, but are not limited to, providing all fencing and gate materials, excavating or tree removal services and labour.
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion for each unit
• Enforcing and following applicable labor laws and building codes
• Ensuring a safe work environment including prevention of falls and be able to provide confirmation that they have WHMIS, first aid, and CPR training
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations including use of proper work clothing, steel-toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, harnesses, etc.
• Provide a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Supplying their own equipment, tools, insurance, vehicle and vehicle fuel at their own expense
• Guarantee their work, and their employees work, for 5 Years
• Removal of any material or waste from the job site
The project must be completed by October 31, 2018
Contact Matthew Horton for additional information and to schedule a visit to the site:
• Sipekne’katik will take every opportunity to align itself with contractors that are equally committed to the health and safety of their employees and the work site environment.
• Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time August 24, 2018. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2018-27
Chief and Council
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS