Executive Finance Officer (EFO)
Sipekne’katik First Nation
Extended Closing: April 10, 2020
Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Chief & Council, the EFO is responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the Finance Department that includes, but is not limited to, financial planning, management of financial risks, financial reporting and policy development/enforcement.
- Ensure polices and financial controls are being enforced/communicated and make recommendations for changes/additions where applicable.
- Support a sound governance structure and make recommendations to Chief and Council.
- Prepare monthly financial presentations to the Director of Operations and Chief & Council.
- Provide training to finance staff and departmental managers on their budgeting requirements, financial controls, financial reporting and day-to-day financial obligations.
- Present budget updates at Manager meetings at least 3 times per year.
- Prepare the band’s annual budgeting process in collaboration with applicable parties.
- Work closely with Finance team to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting goals.
- Ensure daily, monthly and annual monitoring of cash flows and cash flow projections.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual working papers are prepared.
- Be the key contact for funders, auditors, vendors and regulatory bodies.
- Actively participate in committees such as the Finance and HR Committee.
- Oversee and implement standardized accounting software within the band’s financial operations.
- Work closely with band’s auditors to ensure a speedy and accurate completion of the Band’s financial statements.
- Work closely with the Leadership team to address discrepancies in financial matters.
This position includes health, dental and life insurance, an employer pension plan, and supports a culture of work-life balance. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, criminal records check and three work references to:
Human Resource Manager
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
EXTENDED DEADLINE: April 10, 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. The Band will not assume any expenses related to any job application process, included but not limited to travel, relocation, and application development. Please note certain positions come with mandatory employee benefits. Only those applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted.