Exciting Career Opportunity
Extended Closing Date: September 2, 2021
Under the supervision of the IT Manager works this position is responsible for providing support for the Band Administration and Businesses. This includes troubleshooting issues as they arise and assisting with the implementation of new IT initiatives. This position works 12 months of the year.
- Trouble shoot computer/network/printer issues as reported by users (repairs/replacements).
- Addresses issues with band’s unified communication telephone system.
- Assist with the roll out of new technology such as printers, desktops, laptops, etc.
- Maintain logs of repairs as well as maintenance schedules (future).
- Triage and prioritize IT Administration Support System requests and work orders, especially when working out in the field.
- Monitor web and database access by users to ensure proper protocol is being maintained.
- Set up computers for new employees with applicable accounts, passwords and technology (e.g., printers, laptops, network infrastructure).
- Install technology replacement schedules and upgrading as well as identify computer or network equipment shortages.
- Overseeing the on-line records system’s (DocuShare) administration, training other staff, securing back-ups for the servers
- Communicate, where necessary, with staff regarding networking issues and concerns.
- Keep informed of current technology trends and development that includes researching technology prior to purchase.
- Implement the systems and processes needed to protect the band’s network, users’ communication, and data security needs.
- Educate staff on internal software and hardware usage when needed (e.g., use of new site-specific software such as MS Office, email, computer security).
- Assist with radio station technical functions and tower maintenance.
- Other related duties as determined by the Supervisor(s) including providing back-up support to IT Manager role.
Qualifications and Education:
- Completion of a certificate, diploma, or degree in computers or network administration.
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be given consideration.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of hardware and software applications or the ability to learn new technology (e.g., MS Office. LINUX, Mac OS and windows operating systems).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and access to reliable vehicle.
- This position requires strict adherence to privacy and confidentiality.
- A criminal records check is required. Having a criminal record is not a determinate factor.
Salary range: $44,000-$58,617. This position comes with a competitive compensation package and a variety of benefits including health, dental, disability and life insurances, an employee & family assistance program and employer pension plan. This is a one-year contract with the opportunity for renewal and subject to the policies of Sipeknekatik.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter and criminal records check to:
Human Resources Department
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. The Band will not assume any expenses related to any job application process, included but not limited to travel, relocation, and application development. Please note certain positions come with mandatory employee benefits. Only those applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted.