On-call Casual Positions – Janitors, Receptionists, Security, Gaming Clerks
This is a great way to get your career started with Sipekne’katik First Nations!
Closing date: On-going recruitment
Security (Indian Brook and/or Hammonds Plains):
- Perform foot patrols to monitor inappropriate behaviors and building security protocols.
- Maintain security-related daily logs.
- Address and report behaviours in a non-confrontational manner.
- Other duties as required such assisting with the cleanliness of work sites.
- Qualifications: reliable transportation for shiftwork, sound judgement and highly trustworthy.
Receptionists (Band office and/or Recreation centre)
- Answer and redirect phone calls or take written messages.
- Respond to general inquires and provide customer service to walk-ins.
- Other related duties such as photocopying, disinfecting work areas, stuffing envelops, etc.
- Qualifications: excellent communication skills with friendly and positive attitude.
Gaming Clerks (Indian Brook and Hammonds Plains)
- Opening and closing of gaming rooms according to protocols
- Providing customer service to clients and reporting any issues to Supervisor
- Reconciling daily cash on gaming machines
- Janitorial services including disinfecting machines after every use
- Qualifications: ability to count cash and learn computers.
Janitors (Band offices)
- Sweep and mop floors, disinfect bathrooms and empty garbage/recycling cans.
- Report any janitorial-related issues such as health & safety concerns.
- Follow protocols in place for properly disinfecting surfaces and work areas.
- Other related duties, as requested, such as moving boxes or covering phones.
- Qualifications: physically able to perform strenuous work and lift heavy items.
Please apply with a resume and two work references to the below email. A criminal record check is required before starting employment. A vulnerable sector check is also required when working around children.
Human Resource Manager
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. The Band will not assume any expenses related to any job application process, included but not limited to travel, relocation, and application development. Please note certain positions come with mandatory employee benefits. Only those applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted.