Employment Opportunity – Substitute Teaching Positions
Indian Brook – L’nu Sipuk Kina’muokuom (LSK) School
The LSK School in Indian Brook is currently accepting applications from Certified Teachers interested in filling substitute teaching roles. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals interested in working in a Mi’kmaq learning environment that incorporates the Mi’kmaq culture into its curriculum while recognizing the perspectives of all cultures, as well as teaching sensitivity pertaining to student individuality.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow lesson plans provided by the regular teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students.
- Respects the rights of students and display genuine love of teaching students through both enthusiasm and motivation.
- Manage the classroom effectively to encourage student participation, minimize distractions and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Implement teaching strategies that foster a positive learning environment aimed at helping students achieve learning outcomes.
- Acknowledge and, to the extent reasonable, accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Take all reasonable steps necessary to create and maintain an orderly and safe learning environment.
- Maintain appropriate order and discipline in the school or room in the teacher’s charge and report to the principal any incidents and concerns regarding behaviour and or learning.
- Maintain an attitude of concern for the dignity and welfare of each student and encourage in each student an attitude of concern for the dignity and welfare of others and a respect for all cultures.
- Attend to the health, comfort and safety of the students.
- Provincial Teacher Certification.
- Courses or experience in teaching field.
- Interest in working with an Aboriginal education environment.
Please apply with resume, cover letter, Child Abuse Registry Check, Police Vulnerability Check, and three references (include phone & email with each reference) to:
Human Resource Manager
Mail/drop off: 522 Church Street, Indian Brook, NS B0N 1W0