PLEASE NOTE THIS RFP HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 13, 2017 @ 12:00noon
Request for Proposal 2017-15 – Construction Services
August 22, 2017
The successful bidder would be responsible for fulfilling the following:
• To oversee the project from beginning through to completion for each unit
• Enforcing and following applicable labor laws and building codes
• Ensuring a safe work environment including prevention of falls and be able to provide confirmation that they have WHMIS, first aid, and CPR training
• Confirmation that they are in good standing with the Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
• Knowing and complying with all safety regulations including use of proper work clothing, steel-toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, harnesses, etc
• Provide a list of sub-contractors that will be utilized if needed for this proposal
• Supplying their own equipment, tools, insurance, vehicle and vehicle fuel at their own expense
• Guarantee their work, and their employees work, for 5 Years
• All yard cleanup and removal of any material from the job site (a dumpster will be made available at the Housing Department Complex)
Required to complete applicable work at the rate of 3 weeks per unit. All units must be completed by February 28, 2018.
Contact the Sipekne’katik Housing Department (902-236-3025) for additional information. They will provide the individual unit information, specifications, scope of work required, a template to complete etc to assist in preparation of your submission.
• You will be bidding on each unit individually so please ensure your submission properly reflects your quote for each separate unit/address. A template will be provided to record your bid.
• You will be bidding on each unit individually so please ensure you have contacted the Housing Department to discuss the scope of work / size of each unit as the extent of the work required will vary accordingly
• Each project bid will be reviewed and awarded individually. As a result, projects may be awarded to multiple vendors.
• Inspections by a third party NISI inspector are required. A 20% holdback will be enforced on each unit/project until inspections are completed.
• Sipekne’katik will take every opportunity to align itself with contractors that are equally committed to the health and safety of their employees and the work site environment.
• To facilitate the release of funding via completion of projects and inspections no more than three housing renovation projects can be in progress at one time.
• Payment terms will be finalized as part of Sipekne’katik reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful bidder(s) and will be based on successfully meeting milestones / progress payments.
• You are required to use the bid templates provided by the Housing Department
Sealed proposal will be accepted until 12:00 PM Atlantic Time September 5, 2017. Each proposal should be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as follows:
RE: RFP # 2017-15
Director of Operations
522 Church Street
Indian Brook, NS
Electronic submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
The Sipekne’katik Band will not necessarily accept the lowest proposal received and it reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals submitted. Sipekne’katik Band members will be evaluated based on a 15% price preference. Actual contract pricing will be subject to reaching agreeable terms and conditions with the successful proponent. It is the proponent’s responsibility to check with the Band if any changes have been made to this RFP.